6/29/08

lightning makes the grass green...

and other myths from my childhood concerning thunderstorms and inclement weather
during a thunderstorm, don't...
talk on the phone
take a bath
stand near a window
but, during a tornado i'm supposed to get in the bathtub???
i was terrified of thunderstorms as a young kid- i remember the time my mother had to slap me as i was hysterical from a close lightning strike but,  after my first experience with a tornado, i gained some sort of understanding and respect for the weather and have since observed it with awe and wonder
we're experiencing thunderstorms tonight in portland-few and far between, but always welcome

2 comments:

Rigo said...

so much for staying away from windows, we went out to the balcony to enjoy the thunder and lightning.

-carywd said...

despite my mother's warnings she would sometimes put us four kids in the car and drive toward the storms- which is how i saw my first tornado
thanks for commenting